OEMR Organization Wiki Home Page
- OEMR is a (501(c)(3)) non-profit formed to ensure that all people, regardless of race, socioeconomic status or geographic location, have access to high-quality medical care through the donation of free, open source medical software and service relating to that software.
- OEMR supports the OpenEMR community by providing funding, coordination of professional software companies that donate critical saftware, and the forms the legal structure to contract with other legal entities. An example of this is that OEMR provided the critical role OEMR played in the startup, organization, funding and logistical support is what became a $2.5 million software project with contributions from over a dozen software compaines and many private individuals that culminated in the ONC Ambulatory Certification by ICSA Labs. The OEMR continues to fund and guide the OpenEMR project into the future. The OEMR organization has an open policy for membership and accepts tax-exempt donations to help fund its work.
Meaningful Use Certification
- Proposed and active OpenEMR Development projects
- Project/Funding - Projects under discussion for funding
- Public Relations
- Mental Health Clinical Decision Rules Engine Improvements
Other Affiliated Projects and Organizations
The OpenEMR project
- OpenEMR is a Free and Open Source electronic health records and medical practice management application. It is ONC Complete Ambulatory EHR Certified and it features fully integrated electronic health records, practice management, scheduling, electronic billing, internationalization, free support, a vibrant community, and and a whole lot more. It can run on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and many other platforms.
- The OpenEMR developers website, wiki and forums can be found at http://www.open-emr.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Going From Paper to Electronic
- An Analysis of the OpenEMR User Interface
- Other Proposed Internships
- Propose Your Own Internship